The Empaxis Scholarship for Women in Business
Our team is pleased to announce The Empaxis Scholarship for Women in Business. A $2,000 scholarship will be awarded annually to female college students in the United States interested in pursuing education in business or entrepreneurship.
Although trending in the right direction, gender equality has not been fully realized in the boardrooms and upper management sections of the business world. As of 2017, women hold less than 5% of Fortune 500 CEO positions and 20% of board seats at S&P 500 companies. To encourage more women to pursue education and careers in business, Empaxis will be giving women the opportunity to win $2,000 annually to put towards their education expenses.
The deadline for the scholarship is April 30, 2019.
How to Apply for The Empaxis Scholarship for Women in Business
Fill out the form on the page, including a submission of your essay as an attachment.
Important points to know:
- Grades: There is no minimum SAT/ACT or GPA required
- Residency requirement: United States resident
- School year: Can be either a high school or full-time college student
- Amount: $2,000 awarded annually
- Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Winner notification: The winner will be contacted via email within five weeks after the deadline.
Essay Submission Criteria
500-1,000 words, typed, and submitted as an attachment
Questions to answer:
- Why is it important to have a diverse group of leaders in a business?
- What values must a good leader have? Explain how you have demonstrated these attributes?
- What are your professional goals in business and what inspired you to make these goals?